Monday, November 23, 2009

Overrated

Some things I feel are just overrated:

Designer clothing: hmmm Naija ppl love designer stuffs sha. Especially the guys...they must have a gushi belt to complete the outfit no matter what. But I feel like just because its designer doesnt really mean that the quality is better. Designer clothing does rip, however if you go into stores like tellos,rainbows and even forver21, then what you see is what you really get..hey!

but really--NOBODY CARES THAT YOU HAVE TRUE RELIGION JEANS...no one cares that you have 3 fendi purses or 10 pairs of chanel pumps....especially in America....and no one cares if you have an iphone a nokia e70 or a freakin blackberry!!.you know its really sick when ppl come into department stores ( in this case it was two naija women) asking for freakin true religion for their kids...like WOW are ur kids suppose to be better than the rest just because they have on true religion?


America/anywhere Abroad- The so called land of milk and honey is now dry. Milk ke?! Milk no dey again. Just because you are in America/UK or Canada, it doesnt mean you are better than those back home, it doesnt mean you are rich and it doesnt mean you will become a rapper and meet 50 cents and busta reems,it most certainly doesnt mean all ur problems are over, they hv just begun ohh and whats with some Nigerians who were born and raised in naija but feel as though they cant survive in Nigeria (even js for a visit) just because they are too used to America/UK or Canada? " Oh I cant eat the food", its too hot" " the water is dirty" before you came abroad nko? u survived shey? common gerrout!



Trends: ah ah, high waisted jeans today, tommorow na skinny leg. Trends are just a waste. Spending lots of money on trends are a waste too, thats what forever 21 is for. Its cheap, so when the trend is sooo "out" give it away or burn it...


Christmas- Why do we ( especially Americans) put so much emphasis on only buying presents for Christmas? Why do some parents buy their 4 kids, 10 presents each? what happened to donating and giving to those who are wayy less fortunate?


Holidays in Naij- What I mean by this is when ppl who are going to Nigeria from abroad go out and buy lots of expensive things to wear. I dont know if it is to show everyone that they are from somewhere abroad with a horrible yankee/jand/canadian accent to match or because they want to show the less fortunate how fortunate they are....


Revealing clothing- I mean common, leave something to the imagination, be a mystery or woreva...short skirts , other tight clothing and low cut tops are not cute. These types of clothing never fail u (especially at a club)if you are insecure and want to be looked at like a piece of meat...dont say i didnt warn u!


Clubs- I really dont like clubs. I went to one or maybe two and will prolly never go again. I guess I'm not really a club person. To me, clubbing is all about: men and women grinding their sweaty horny bodies against each other, people getting loud and drunk, hook ups/ one night stands....blah blah blah boring....anyone who can club every single weekend is a beast...na wa o



Cute guys- If you are cute and thats all...then what? berra have something to back that cuteness up....


blackberries/touch phones/ iphone- ahh its too much jare, bbbb pin,download this n that...that 1 na headache

Rappers- what do they really do anyway...I dont care if u call it " hating" I call it having an opinion, but seriously what do they do? hang around groupies, get on stage and spew nonsense hopping across the stage all outta breath, and go to clubs/parties, drop insane amounts of cash on everything from clothes,cars,houses and women...dont get me wrong there are some that dont do that, and there are some that run charities and what not, but this is what is portrayed in the media.


maybe you guys are askin, ah ah wetin b ha own? but hey i say what i feel jo!

17 comments:

  1. "The so called land of milk and honey is now dry" LMAO I think I actually love you.

    You hit the nail HARD on the head.
    Dunno why people let trivial things bother them. *smh*

    Clubbing isnt really my thing either...once in a while with the girlies is cool though but you wont catch my grinding on any guy.

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice rant, mot of these things are so true. Still people will do what they will do, though I laugh at fashion followers or as one blogger called them, groupies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..interesting..I agree with you on most of these except for the blackberry..lol..I have a crazy obsession with blackberries and trust me its not for the trend, its just about the only phone I have ever gotten excited for..

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAAA.....
    But one correction cuz I don't want you to get clowned. It's GUCCI, not GUSHI.
    I feel you and understand where you are coming from. Every country got it's pro's and con's no matter where you go. But I have to say, America is still nice cuz of the system whether you can get on it or not ie child support....can't get that in other countries. I feel you on CHristmas and boy do I! It's so commercialized! But it's what YOU make it. We put the focus on Christ...
    Very nice write up. However the ppl I hang with, we don't do all of that or have all of that. We are not in that enviroment so we don't even live like that....we watch it on tv...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ oreo its true oh, its dry!! @ myne, fashion groupies is correct!! @ tia, ok i hv to admit, blackberries r cool/fascinating or watever but its only when u have ppl flashing them around..thats when it loses its appeal! lol @ ladyA, its suppose to be gushi oh especially if ur a Nigerian lmao ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mehn Damsel I feel those ppl who grew up in naija and then come back and are complaining..
    I can't even remember how i used to survive. I am guilty lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think if you have designer stuff and you're trying to show off with it you have a bad case of New Money Syndrome. Cuz people that have grown up with money don't feel the need to show it off. At least not with something as small as clothes. They do it bigger than that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO @ d milk don dry!
    Ah my sista unfortunatley we av to live with all these pple..lool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lmao @ gushi.
    I think you should do a vlog of this list. I bet it'd be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl Im Nigerian American/19 (going on 20 pretty soon) YAY!! lol, finally a blogger around my age, and background! lol. now let me MIni-stalk your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol. omg.. im 5'11'. And IM a gemini. And Im igbo too! And I claim my Nigerian side more!! Woooo!! that's so cool. Another Gemini blogger!! lol. we gemini's are SOOOooO interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. azazel, u have exposed urself ehn?! lol @ ladyx yea they would do it big wouldnt they? @ ovay you would hv to show me how to do that one oh lol @ the Nigerian fetish, we are long lost twins lol, when are u turning 20?

    ReplyDelete
  13. true points you've raised. most of these things have become more like a way of life that it would seem abnormal not to do them. guess the solution is for people to ask themselves 'why do i do the things i do'?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Hyaw, that is very true!! If people asked themselves "why" then it would all make sense!

    @ fetish, im turning the big 2-0 in june!! im excited not to be a teenager anymore, although being 17,18 and 19 was/is fun...time to move on!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers