I should start by saying NOT ALL old Nigerian men( "uncles") hit on young girls, anyhow let me proceed.
This has been on my mind for quite some time. I can't understand why old Nigerian men, I'm talking about the ones in their 40's 50's ( I am no where near those ages. thus they are to me, old men) would be trying to 'talk' to girls my age or younger? Don't they have daughters even nieces my age? What do they really get out of it?
Family friend's party:
old Man says : hey baby, is that a cell phone you talkin on or what?
reply: No its fingers I'm using to talk,( mchewwwww idjiot)
old Man: hey beby gal, why u so rude, I just thought we could know each oda.
Another Family friend's party:
drunk "uncle":
Hey gal, you looking so good &sweet
Can I get ya nomba?
reply: ummm...uncle? its me damsel
"Uncle: Oh im so sorrey, you look so different, so grown
Its not as if these men don't know some of the girls they hit on, most of them are family friends!!! Some of them really push it and their wives are blind and or deaf to most of their husbands nasty little antics. They deny it because they know their husbands, they can't be that slow. I've found ( from watching so many Nigerian couples around my way) that Nigerian women like to shield or protect their husbands when they misbehave, almost like a child! They make excuse after excuse. Ok, lets say the hubby beat his wife. This is the wife's excuse : oh, he didnt mean it, ( even though he almost killed her) let me just hang in there for the children.
Hubby molests the little girl down the street.
Wife says : Oh, he was just playing now, thats how we play in Nigeria( this was actually said by someone)...he was only kidding or he must have brushed up on her by an accident.
Oh please.
When are some Nigerian women going to stand up and say what is right? Do they have to let their husbands nearly kill them before getting out of the marriage or does he have to impregnant the 18 yr old down the street?? na wa o.
The wife works like a slave. Morning-night-night-morning. You never see this lady at home. The husband is unemployed AND he took her money, went to Nigeria, built a house ( and bought a lexus that he sent over to naij) and keeps his other wife in it. Can you imagine that? I'm working here ( like a slave) in this country and another female is in Nigerian enjoying a house/car that she didnt work hard for??? Hahahah not in this life time lai lai, either I burn that house or I sell it.
Its not very surprising that many Nigerian girls ( my age and younger ) don't want to marry a Nigerian. With all the scandals thats going on, you really can't blame them. But we all should take heart. Not all Nigerian men are like that, I know that for a fact.
However I don't know not one friend ( ok maybe one or two)or family friend whose father doesnt have some sort of secret child or children with a black american or non-Nigerian/african, or who hasnt cheated on their mothers.
Its really sad actually. I'm not saying that all Nigerian men cheat or that all men cheat , im only speaking ( typing) about what i've seen. I remember when a woman ( in the nigerian community around my way) posted pics of her hubby and some lady naked in a hotel.
She put him on blast, sending those pics to everyone she knew, there wasnt a man,woman or teenager who didn't see those pictures...some people talked about it for some weeks...
but a new piece of gossip had everyone talking: a man ( Nigerian) gave his wife full blown AIDS. Things like that just make me sad. I'm not judging all these people, but then who are they to start talking about others when they arent saints either?
Despite all the sorry excuses for men, that ive come to know or maybe only heared about it, I want to get married. Getting married won't define me, but its something I know I want..and I would prefer to marry a Nigerian man, ( not a boy) a man who's strong, has goals,self control and doesn't expect to be treated like a baby.
But I know I can't settle, because what you settle for is what you get...
Happy April fools day btw
I got fooled by a friend, all the way in Miami...smh!


nice post...yea I still dont understand old men chasing young girls old enough to be their daughters. quite disturbing
ReplyDeleteIt's disgusting and irritating. I don't get people that even try to justify it! How can a man be married and be chasing someone his daughter's mate! He has clearly not grown up! What happened to the good old men that called you 'My daughter' when they spoke to you or 'My dear' or even looked at you like you were their kid and not lustfully! I LOL'd at the guy you called 'Uncle' hahaha!
ReplyDeletelmao i was just discussing this with a friend recently, and she was going on about how nigerian men are scumbags and how she would like to marry a white guy and i told her other races still have their douchebags we just have to be careful...................
ReplyDeleteThese old men are truly disgusting. Even when I was like 8 I still felt like some of discomfort with them. I don't know why they can't approach women close to their age.
ReplyDeleteThis is old story. Experience this nuff times in the past. The men have no respect for thier wives or family.
ReplyDeletediamond, thnx, it is very very disturbing to me which is why i had to blog about it. Lady X ,my sentiments exactly...formerly, im glad u told ur friend that because men of all races do the same thing. Suru, @ 8?!! wow, im not surprised though, naija men hunt them ( young girls) down pretty young..andrea, yea its pretty old, just felt i should blog about it...
ReplyDeleteI def feel u...enough is enough
ReplyDelete