A big THANK YOU to everyone, who commented on my last post, I feel much better, thanks to my dr, who wrote a presription for a 'cranial prosthesis, aka wig. This whole thing is really teaching me how to put more faith in God, and leave everything up to Him.
I'll hopefully be getting 2 wigs and hopefully my insurance covers 80-100% of the cost, these wigs are the highest quality on the market so they cost around $2,000...I'm a college student o! e no easy arrall!! Somebody( anon.) commented that eating better helps with hair loss, which I've researched before and I'm trying to start on the right track as far as eating right goes. I'm starting this thing called the 'smoothie shake down. A smoothie, comprised of: berries ( or any other fruit), flaxseed oil and or flax seeds,8 ounces of water, fat flush body protein,ice cubes ( optional). You have the smoothies for bfast/lunch then have lean protein and a salad for dinner and drink lots of water and take vitamins throughout the day. Many women were said to have lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Check it out:
The semester is almost over, lets say in like 3 more weeks. now I can do like terry g and go 'everybody shout hallelujah'... Speaking of a nigerian artist, bracket/timaya are in ny this weekend, and yours truly will be attending the 'concert'. But i think this will be my last, because I really dont like all these events where you have to pay so many 'fees', like worraheck, pay to get in, pay extra at the door..and if u come late dat na ur own passinal (personal) business because dem don slap an extra $10 on ya head, then u must pay for coat check, shoe check,hat check...abegi d wahala is to mushhh... BUT if I can get out of the house just for a couple of hours, or even the whole weekend, then im gone. Im still deciding on whether to go or not,I can't make up my mind anymore these days....
I've been having knee pains lately, my brother thinks its tendonitis. He got it when he started growing. I'm 19, I haven't had a growth spurt despite the fact that I am 5'10. I don't think I am growing anymore. I am flat like a wall. Either I grow up or I grow out. If it was up to me I would rather grow out *wink*wink*.
Some random thoughts:
June 21st
the first day of summer, and the day I turn twenty.
Work
I'll be working thru most of the summer time. Probably like 36( i wan die?) 30 hours a week.
Nigeria House
I should be taking a trip or two down there once again to get my Nigerian passport, the first time I went the guy needed proof as to whether my parents were from Nigeria,smh
10
is the number of schools, Ive applied to, still waiting to hear back from them.
is the number of schools, Ive applied to, still waiting to hear back from them.
$0.00
is all I have to my name :-/
Port-au-prince
was where I was suppose to go with a bunch of students from Pennstate, the trip was canceled.
natural
I'm going natural, not so much with my hair, since i havent got much but with what i put on my skin and in my body. I use black soap, straight from ghana, and coconut/jojoba oil on my scalp/skin.
vintage/online shopping
my new hobby despite my empty account :)
9 reasons why I love being Nigerian:
1. traditonal clothing, and every tribe adds their own thing to it, like the yorubas ( aso oke sp?,buba, wrapper, agbada )...or the igbos with isi egu ( worn by igbo men)
2. the food, everything from jellof rice, moi moi,pounded yam and egusi, rice and stew is enough reason to love being Nigerian. and every tribe makes a wonderful contribution :)
3. pidgin english, I know its not 'proper' or whatever but its fun to hear someone getting insulted in pidgin, I never really grew up speaking it but I speak it but not all the time, since i was born here, im not expected to even understand pigdin...its not even hard to understand & its very similar to patois some of the words in patois hv connections to the yoruba/igbo language as well, similarly some pidgin is connected to portuguese.
pigdin: pikin
patois: pikney
patois: boasie ( proud)
yoruba: bosi ( proud)
patois: unu
pidgin: una (igbo, meaning 'you people')
pidgin: sabi ( to know, yoruba)
Portuguese: saber ( to know)
4. How some of the men' toast' women
soooo entertaining lmao, thats all i gotta say about that!
5. Nigerian parties that end at 5am
these are the parties I used to like to go to, where they play mostly naija music,theres plenty food/drinks , and at the end of the night, we walk to the car, shoes in tow, along with several tek-away plates n drinks...
6. Parents
Nigerian parents are hilarious. They dont really mean to be but they are...when you get in trouble this mostly what is heard:
'my friend common do what I asked you!
'If I get up from this chair it wont be fun for you'
" i will kill you dis night'
'If not for God, I would have shown you pepe this night'
'If i break ya head, ehn?"
'stuuu-pid, boy, see ihn head like coco-nut'
'idjiot, god punish ya head'
'ahwaley' ah-wal-lay( may dog eat you)
7. Nigerian movies, sometimes these movies are a bit too much, as in they can be so embarrassing and so horrible, yet some plot lines are really good and some movies like mr, ibu,baby police,green snake, 2 rats,akin & paw paw,bafana bafana,& dedon and decapone ARE TOOOO funny, they have me rollin....
8.Shakara or Effizy. Its too much oh, Nigerians too like effizy oh, from buying a new benz with a navigation system to just the way some nigerians pronouce certain things in their so called yankee accent ( gimme a break lmao) effizy can be real discreet or real obvious, gotta love it though!!
9. 300+ tribes in Nigeria from Efik, to Bini, Yoruba, Igbo,Hausa,Urhobo, and Fulani. Each tribe has its own traditions that add to what Nigeria is all about, this is what makes Nigerian culture so incredibly rich.
Everyone should enjoy their weekend!

Just a suggestion, but you could try regular wigs if the money affects u getting the one the doctor prescribed ok...but i'm glad you feel much better
ReplyDeletei have the smoothie very often, without the fat flush body protein sha(will try adding that) sounds really good and i'm sure it will help
Go see your doc abt the knee pain ok and you should go see timaya, just cos u can and like u said u don't have to again unless its someone you really want to see
For that and many more reasons i love Nigeria....be good mami
lol @ may dog eat you. I take it u r Esan (Edo state). I should have figured that out from ur name.
ReplyDeleteyou could go on low cut..I am and its better and more funky plus if you choose you get to wear wigs..
ReplyDeleteLove your post.so much.hope you good and have a happy vacation.
Hope you voted for me at www.naijastories.com
my poem's titled FOR ME YOU AND THEY by chacha wabara
Thank you
would you like to have a banner of WE ARE JOS on your blog?
if yes, then Thank you so much!
please visit http://helpnigeria.blogspot.com
I love Nigeria too, the culture is just so rich and that is still home for me.
ReplyDeleteGlad something is being done about your hair. Good luck with your applications, work and all. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week.
love this post.. very funny..."'stuuu-pid, boy, see ihn head like coco-nut'"
ReplyDeleteJust love our Naija parents...gload you better now...this post is really funny
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend...
hey dear.....am glad u will get d wigs, those wigs must be awesome to ost that much (shhh i also have hair loss problems, contemplated cutting my hair and starting again growing it out, but the shape of my head is hilarious without hair, i would just be plain ugly..i say weaves and wigs best inventions ever....gets depressing sometimes but..........we learn to live with it. and hopfully it grows back soon!!!)
ReplyDeleteLOL..nice one..take things easy, try not to wear heels often..
ReplyDeletei take smoothies and try to eat salad with my meals..sure helps..
have a wonderful weekend and I hope u hear back from the schools you applied to..
2000 bucks for wigs? that's serious oooo... mehn I was cracking up with the parents joke. Nigerian parents are too much...
ReplyDelete@ everyone, yea the wigs cost alot!! but hey if insurance pays no sweat off my back! @ sting yes, im from edo state, wow u even got the tribe right!! not many of us in the US though!
ReplyDelete